I’ve always relied on notes to help me remember things; but the older I get the more critical they become. Imagine my delight when Susan showed me how to use sticky notes on my laptop computer! No paper! No pen! How cool is that?!
Did you know that God uses sticky notes?
My Bible reading plan recently took me down a familiar path as I read again the account of Noah and the ark. Have you ever slowed down enough to put yourself into the story and imagine what they experienced?
- What did it feel like to be laughed at for building such a monstrosity?
- Did any one other than Noah and his family help with building the ark?
- Were they able to hear the screams of those outside the ark once the flood began?
- What did it feel like to know that none of your former friends or neighbors were alive?
- After months in the ark did they wonder if God had forgotten about them?
- How difficult was it for God to wipe out every living creature because of the evil in their hearts?
No one can know the heartbreak God felt, but we can know that He was so troubled by it all that He committed to never doing it again. In fact, He used a kind of sticky note as a reminder of that decision.
Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth… Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.” ~ Genesis 9:12-16
Every rainbow is a sticky note from God; a reminder of His deep and abiding love for us!