God has placed in each of us certain abilities and passions that make us come alive.
I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure. ~Eric Liddell in Chariots of Fire
What is that task or activity in life that makes you “feel His pleasure?” All of us were given a divine gift to use in His service. Perhaps it is…
- Helping with whatever needs to get done
- Encouraging others with your words personally or with notes
- Teaching children or adults how to grow in their walk with God
- Organizing spaces or programs to make things more efficient
- Sharing God’s love and grace in fresh and creative ways
- Singing songs that bring glory to God and draw others to Him
- Writing lessons or blogs, articles or even books
- Leading a group or an organization towards fulfilling their objectives
Beyond the daily responsibilities of life we need a purpose bigger than ourselves. Viktor Frankl, who survived the concentration camps of WWII, put it this way:
Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.
None of us face the kind of hellish circumstances that Viktor and others did, yet we often let circumstances dictate our perspective. And we too easily get bogged down in the daily duties of life. God put each of us right where we are for a purpose.
Are you living out what you were born to do?